March is National Nutrition Month!
The 2017 National Nutrition Month theme, “Put Your Best Fork Forward” The campaign focuses on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits.
Make Informed Food Choices
- Make half of the food on your plate fruits and vegetables. The more colorful you make your plate, the more likely you are to get the vitamins and minerals you need.
- Switch to fat-free, low fat (1%) or almond milk.
- Make half the grains you eat whole grains.
- Eat some seafood.
- Choose a variety of lean proteins.
- Compare sodium in foods.
- Drink water instead of sugary drinks.
- Cut back on solid fats. Foods that use solid fats are cakes, cookies, pizza and ice cream.
Developing Sound Eating Habits
What Is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness…
View original post 456 more words