Yesterday I blogged about the perfect wife from Proverbs 31. Today I thought I would give equal time to the men. It seems like they don’t have as many traits.
The role of the husband in the Bible starts with leadership, but encompasses provision and protection.
- Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. – 1 Timothy 5:8
- Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them. – Colossians 3:19
- Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers. – 1 Peter 3:7
- Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, – Ephesians 5:25
- In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. – Ephesians 5:28
- However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband. – Ephesians 5:33
- “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong”. I Corinthians 16:13 Before men can be godly husbands, they must be men of courage.