Today I decided to do a vlog. My first video blog post. I have been thinking about what causes irritation on my skin with my Lichen’s Sclerosis. My biggest irritant is urine. Certain foods do cause itching, but I think urine is a major culprit in my case. I think that it is what is being filtered out by the kidneys and then irritating the skin as it exits the body.
Many things can cause an allergic reaction or irritate vulvar skin. Here are some of the leading suspects:
Irritants (on exposure, can cause immediate stinging or burning)
- Soap, bubble baths and salts, detergent, shampoo, conditioner
- Adult or baby wipes
- Panty liners and their adhesives
- Nylon underwear, chemically treated clothing
- Vaginal secretions, sweat, and urine
- Douches, yogurt
- Spermicides, lubricants
- Perfume, talcum powder, deodorants
- Alcohol and astringents
Action Steps: In the comment section below share any improvements in your skin that you may or may not have seen by changing your beverages.