How many times during the day do we let thoughts of negativity come into our mind? Once, twice, three times? Staying positive is something that we all need to work on. Some of us have a great outlook on life and everything is coming up roses. There are others who are like Glum from Gulliver’s Travels where everything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Picture your mind like it is a hotel. All of the rooms are filled with negative thoughts. By all the rooms being occupied with negativity there is no vacancy for any good and positive thoughts. I think we need to fill our hotel with all positive thoughts. Then we have no vacancy for the negative.
Paul wrote in, Philippians 4:8 Brothers and sisters, continue to think about what is good and worthy of praise. Think about what is true and honorable and right and pure and beautiful and respected.
We can use negative words to describe how we are. We can say,
- “I am sick.”
- “I am weak.”
- “I am exhausted.”
- “I can’t do anything right.”
- “I’m not as talented as, Jane.”
How different we could be if we started using positive words to describe how we want to be! What if we said,
- “I am conquering my illness; I am defeating it steadily each day.
- “Today, I am brimming with energy and overflowing with joy.”
- “I wake up today with strength in my heart and clarity in my mind.”
- “I have been given endless talents which I begin to utilize today.”
- “I possess the qualities needed to be extremely successful.”
So clear out those visitors in your hotel of negativity and make way for the new occupants of positive thought!