I have a lot to be thankful for. In spite of the autoimmune disorders life is still good and I have to keep remembering that.
I struggle with this remembrance. It is easier sometimes to grumble and murmur about the way I’m feeling, or that my body is aching, or that I’m soooooo tired.
I really want to concentrate on being more thankful this Thanksgiving season. I don’t want to be thankful on one day of the year I want to be thankful everyday of the year. I know that being more thankful will bring about positive changes in my attitude, my health and my relationships and I’m thankful for that! Isn’t that crazy, that one mindset can make that much difference? What is even crazier is that we don’t make thankfulness a daily habit when it can do so much for us.
That’s it! I’m doing it! I’m going to work on having a thankful mindset starting today.
3 Benefits of Being Thankful
Being thankful with a grateful heart has proven health benefits:
- It can strengthen our immune system.
- It can reduce our stress levels.
- It can combat depression.
- It can lower our risk of heart disease.
- It can help us cope with adversity.
Being thankful will help with our relationships:
- Having a thankful attitude will draw others to us.
- Having a thankful attitude will cause us to want to be there for others in their struggles.
- Having a thankful attitude will cause us to be the friend to someone who needs to talk and needs you to listen.
Being thankful will change my attitude! I have learned that my attitude is going to set the tone for my day. This muscle needs to be strengthened, so…
What if I said before my feet hit the ground,
- “I am conquering my illness; I am defeating it steadily each day.
- “Today, I am brimming with energy and overflowing with joy.”
- “I wake up today with strength in my heart and clarity in my mind.”
- “I have been given endless talents which I begin to utilize today.”
- “I possess the qualities needed to be extremely successful.”
I need to keep reminding myself of these thoughts during the day to keep me going and to keep my energy and attitude up and positive.
This verse totally spoke to me this morning:
“Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.”
I don’t think I need to say any more. This verse sums up the whole post. Have a great day everybody!