I need a self-care Saturday
Whew! I don’t know about you, but this has been a busy week. Now Saturday is here and now it is take some time just for you.
What will you do? Will you share your “self-care” time with another person or will this be something that you will do alone? It doesn’t matter because this is time that you have scheduled to do what you want to do, to make you feel better.
If you don’t have anything scheduled for “self-care”, the day is just beginning, so get to penciling something in. If it is already 10 am by the time you read this, then schedule something to do in the afternoon. If you are reading this in the afternoon, schedule something to do this evening. The day is filled with possibilities and it is just starting.
Self Care Ideas
Here are some “self-care” ideas to get you thinking and planning:
- Stay dressed in your favorite pj’s, get your favorite book and beverage and take 15 – 30 minutes of quite time reading.
- Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea. Will you go to a coffee shop, pick up a cup and go to a park, or go sit on the back porch and enjoy the quite.
- Start your day with a relaxing bubble bath.
- Go out shopping for a new fragrance for layering. Bubble bath or shower gel, body cream and perfume.
- Start a journal and write down everything you would like to do for your “self-care”.
- Write down what you are grateful for. What happened to you during the week that you were thankful for.
- Disconnect from social media.
- Lunch with your spouse.
- Lunch with a girlfriend that you haven’t seen in a while.
- A quite walk with your dog.
- Go to the gym and get in a workout.
- Take an afternoon nap.
- Treat yourself to your favorite chocolate or your favorite scented candle.
- Dinner with your spouse.
- A long hot bubble bath.
- Curling up with pop-corn and a movie. (Pride and Prejudice is my favorite!)
- Write a “to-do” list for Sunday and go to bed without giving Sunday another thought.