I’m so tired I could cry!
Do you ever find yourself so tired that all you want to do is cry? When I get exhausted to the point of tears then I know there is nothing else I can do but sleep.
Having a routine is very important to me. I have found that I don’t run out of energy as easily if I stick to a regimen. For example I have my day broke down into four parts:
- Up in the morning, get the husband off to work, finish getting myself ready for work.
- Lunch, shower, veg for about 30 minutes
- Work on my blog, or teach, or work on my music, prepare dinner, go to bed
Last week I had a wrench thrown into my routine during one day where I had to go back to work after going home, work for ninety minutes at my morning job, and that included driving for an hour. Let me tell you, I was a zombie the next day. That was all it took to throw me off and exhaust me. It took me about forty-eight hours to get my energy level back to where it needed to be.
One of the general symptoms that goes along with autoimmune is fatigue.
There are 5 Common Signs of Chronic Fatigue
- You’re beyond exhausted. This is the type of exhaustion that makes me cry. This is much more than feeling tired.
- You’re so tired you can’t sleep. Have you ever had this happen? I have been so tired that I feel like if I close my eyes I would drift off. Does that happen? No. I lay down and then I can’t sleep at all. If I do fall asleep it may be for an hour and then I’m wide awake again. Sleep will happen in short spurts, if at all.
- You can’t think straight. I’ve been there. My thoughts get jumbled, or I just can’t stay focused. All I can think about when I’m this tired is, “I need to go to bed.”
- You are exhausted after completing a small task. I remember once that I had fatigue so bad, that after I took a shower, I became violently ill and had to back to bed. A little later, I got up and brushed my teeth. The same thing happened again and I went back to bed. Fortunately, I haven’t had fatigue that bad in over twenty years. That was horrible!
- You hurt all over. Joint aches, muscle aches and even throat pain can be signs of fatigue.
I put my hope in the Lord and I know that I can count on him whenever I am feeling tired, exhausted, fatigued, or weary. Everyone feels this way sometime in their life, and those of us living with autoimmune disorders I guess are given an extra helping of it.
I love this description of God.
28 Don’t you know? Haven’t you heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the creator of the ends of the earth.
He doesn’t grow tired or weary.
His understanding is beyond human reach,
29 giving power to the tired
and reviving the exhausted.
30 Youths will become tired and weary,
young men will certainly stumble;
31 but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength;
they will fly up on wings like eagles;
they will run and not be tired;
they will walk and not be weary.
5 Verses for When You Feel Exhausted
29 Put on my yoke, and learn from me. I’m gentle and humble. And you will find rest for yourselves. 30 My yoke is easy to bear, and my burden is light.”
103 Let my whole being bless the Lord!
Let everything inside me bless his holy name!
2 Let my whole being bless the Lord
and never forget all his good deeds:
3 how God forgives all your sins,
heals all your sickness,
4 saves your life from the pit,
crowns you with faithful love and compassion,
5 and satisfies you with plenty of good things
so that your youth is made fresh like an eagle’s.
15 For thus says the One who is high and lifted up,
who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy:
“I dwell in the high and holy place,
and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit,
to revive the spirit of the lowly,
and to revive the heart of the contrite.
18 I have seen his ways, but I will heal him;
I will lead him and restore comfort to him and his mourners,
19 creating the fruit of the lips.
Peace, peace, to the far and to the near,” says theLord,
“and I will heal him.
24 If you lie down, you will not be afraid;
when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
2 It is pointless that you get up early and stay up late,
eating the bread of hard labor
because God gives sleep to those he loves.