This year marks the 20th anniversary of “Take Your Dog to Work Day.”
I use to take my dog, Catahula, to the stables with me. She would sit in the car and watch me work with the horses. When the horses would act up or do something that they weren’t suppose to she would bark at them.
I don’t take my two dogs that I have now with me. They are an annoyance and bark and whine too much.
My husband had the best dog, Moomoo. He took her to work all of the time. She had a dog house under his desk, and she would make her rounds to all of the people that worked there. She was the kind of dog that everyone loved.
5 Tips for Taking Your Dog to Work Day
- Take a dog to work that is well behaved.
- Keep an eye on your dog at all times. We all know how distracted a dog can get and how fast they can move when something gets their attention.
- Take a doggy bag. Fido is going to get hungry at work, so make sure to pack treats, a water bowl and food for his busy day at the office.
- If a co-worker doesn’t want to play or pay attention to your dog, don’t force the issue. Not everyone is a dog lover and some people are afraid of them or are allergic to them.
- Groom your dog before taking it to work. Give him or her a bath and a good brushing. Your co-workers will appreciate a good smelling well groomed pooch.