I want to start something new for 2019, and that is “Foodie Friday!” I am going to be trying and creating healthy recipes.
I love to cook and bake, but I really need to try new recipes. I eat a high-carb vegan diet. I know that this is not a diet for everyone, but it works for me. I have seen many improvements in my health since I made the switch in 2017.
Eggless Salad Sandwich
- 1 Yukon gold potato
- 2 Tbsp Honey Mustard
- 1 tsp Dill Relish
- Chopped Celery
- Chopped Green Onion
- Seeded and chopped tomato
- Lettuce leaves
- Sandwich bread
Microwave the potato until it is soft. After potato is done cooking, let it cool. Remove the potato skin. Put the potato in a bowl and mash it with a fork. Add the mustard and relish to taste. Stir.
Add green onions and celery to taste. This is your salad, so it is your preference as to how much of these ingredients you want to add.
Place lettuce leaves on the bottom slice of the sandwich bread. Add the “eggless” salad on top of the lettuce and top with the tomatoes.
Put any remaining “eggless salad” in a covered container to eat at a later time.
Benefits of Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Yukon gold potato meets one half of your daily vitamin C needs, and contains nearly twice the amount of vitamin C as a regular baking potato.
- One medium Yukon gold potato contains 120 calories, and the majority of those calories come from its 26 grams of carbohydrates.
- The Yukon gold potato is a good source of potassium.
- The Yukon gold potato meets 6 percent of your daily value for iron.