Benefits of Keeping a Gratitude Journal
- Keep a gratitude journal makes you happier
- A gratitude journal can make you healthier.This is most likely due to the stress reducing benefits; when you’re happier, you don’t stress as much over minor issues. Just imagine what you could do if you slept better at night and had more energy.
- People will be drawn to you. When you’re grateful, you’re more social and appreciative of your friends. It will help you improve your friendships and personal relationships with others.
- A gratitude journal teaches self-discipline.Writing in a journal is a new habit. Experts say it takes 21 to 30 days to create a habit. Start off slow. It will become easier the more often you write.
- Gratitude makes you feel good. With gratitude, you can feel happy and content all the time. Dr. Robert Emmons, believes that gratitude is simply happiness you recognize at a later date.